----- Original Message -----
From: "Ammon Johnson"

Hi,

Why are there specific functions for converting datatypes?  Isn't 'to good
enough?  are there performance differences, or evaluation differences?  Any
insight anyone?  Joel, could you run some benchmarks to see if there is a
difference that way?

I generally use 'to block! in my code rather than to-block, and I began to
wonder what the reason for making the 'to-datatype functions is.  Any
thoughts are always helpful to get my poor little mind out of its shelter.
;-)

Thanks!!
Ammon