1) Agree.... a lot of the function needed can not be implemented well without
true multitasking especially a lot of Network programming that need
multithreads.

2) Low level socket programming is available in Rebol.  However, good
proper documentation is not available (or I don't know), making low level
socket programming a difficult task.

-Mark

> Thank you (sigh!).
>
> When a Rebol version will include a multiprocessing/multithreading
> feature?! It is a very important feature in a programming language! True
> multitasking! Python already does! Java already does!  And... how about
> low level socket programming? Is Rebol an Internet programming language
> or not?!
>
> Bye!
> Thank you for your answers!
>
> -Alessandro-

> > --- Gregg Irwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hi Allesandro,
> > >
> > > <<
> > > I was very interested to the function "launch" (I
> > > didn't know it).
> > >
> > > But I didn't find enought documentation about it.
> > > Can someone tell me more about launch refiniments?
> > > (this function could
> > > be used to simulate a multiprocessing system!).
> > > >>

> > > Launch is fairly limited in practice because you
> > > can't use it from within your scripts, only at the
> > > console. It's handy, yes, but not for deployment
> > > purposes. For that you need to have View/Pro or
> > > /Command and use CALL or a native OS function.
> >
> > I thought 'launch could be used by a script if it was
> > called directly from the REBOL command line, but was
> > not usable (or predictable, maybe) in scripts
> > themselves launched by other scripts, from the console
> > prompt, or from view icons.

> > subject, without the quotes.

> Telefono:     347.63.43.231
>

> --
> Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f
>
> Sponsor:
> Email.it Free (Internet) Access
> Prova il Nuovo Numero Unico valido per tutta Italia a tariffa locale!!!
> Email.it Free Access, dai pił qualitą alla tua navigazione....
> Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=441&d=10-6
> subject, without the quotes.

Mark Chang - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Founder of JobStreet.com,