Hi Charles,

dir? only works in the current directory.
If you look at the source of dir?, you will
see that. Do this:

        ?? dir?

Then do this:

        info? target

where target is a file that is not in the
current directory. It returns none, so your test
always fails because none is not true.
You should use the absolute path.

        foreach file read dir: join root sub [
                if (dir? dir/:file) ...

You can probably also use clean-path in other
situations to get the absolute path.

Anton.