----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles"

   Here's a little question.  Perhaps I've been spoiled in other languages,
but
this is starting to frustrate me.  I have something like:
   if THIS and THAT []
Thing is, if THIS is false, it continues to evaluate THAT anyways.  What's
the
point?  The result is obviously false anyways.  I'm working on a case like
this
(perhaps someone can provide a more elegant solution):
   if (2 = length? p: parse filename ".") AND (not none? find pick p 2
"htm")
[ ...
Obviously, if the first condition is false, I want it to quit without
evaluating the second condition.  Help?  Any way I can continue doing this
in
the same line, and without worrying about throwing and catching errors?  Or
am
I more or less doomed to yet another nested if?  Thanks folks.

--Charles