Tuesday, September 17, 2002, 11:38:14 AM, Jason Cunliffe wrote :
> Doc Kimbel's company has drivers:

> http://www.softinnov.com/logiciels_drivers.shtml#
> Database drivers

> The  REBOL language has no free drivers for the free openSource databases, MySQL
> and PostgreSQL. SOFTINOV has developped its own drivers in REBOL.

Hello all,

I know I should post this to softinnov but since this is not the first time I
get an error of this kind with archives I thought it might be a generic problem :

I downloaded (via netscape) the mysql-xxx.rip archive and tried to decompress it
from the rebol console but got a checksum error :

>> do %mysql-xxx.rip
Checksum failed 5024666 15166388

I had the same problem after downloading the library.rip archive from
http://www.reboltech.com/library/library.rip :

>> do %library.rip
Checksum failed 12557224 15077350

however installing the archive from the desktop (using the wwr)
did not exhibit the problem.
This led me to think that Netscape was causing the problem by not preserving the
file content but downloading the archive via rebol via :

>> write %mysql-099.rip read http://rebol.softinnov.org/mysql/mysql-099.rip

gave the same result...
So Netscape is not guilty and I'm sitting there wondering what kind of gremlin
is currently playing with my machine :)

Did any other people here have the same problem with archives or am I doing
something wrong ?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Laurent