Hi Andrew,

On Wednesday, September 25, 2002, 8:09:38 AM, you wrote:

AM> And use it like:

>>> 0 != 2
AM> == true
>>> 4 != 4
AM> == false

That  actually works because '!= is defined inside REBOL, to avoid
RT folks headaches when switching between C and REBOL.

>> sum: :+
>> 1 sum 2
** Script Error: sum expected value2 argument of type: number pair char money date
time tuple
** Where: halt-view
** Near: sum 2

AM> But I don't know how to make other infix operator functions. It would be
AM> nice to have them. I've got at least one application for it.

Indeed,  it  would  be  much better to have a generic mechanism to
define/undefine  operators.  I  might  want to avoid them for some
reason  in  one  expression,  so  I should be able to disable that
processing in some way. Also, if I wanted to add an operator word,
I  should  have  a  way  to  add  it to the list of words that are
considered operators by the interpreter.

Regards,
   Gabriele.
--
Gabriele Santilli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  --  REBOL Programmer
Amigan -- AGI L'Aquila -- REB: http://web.tiscali.it/rebol/index.r