First of all examine the source of layout:

?? layout

Near the top we see the code Gabriele pointed out, below.
The paths to those two default, offsets are:

>> pick pick pick second :layout 10 3 6
== [25x50]
>> pick pick pick second :layout 10 3 7
== [25x25]

>> system/version
== 1.2.10.3.1

Hmm, so the second one is used in my rebol version.
Let's change the code:

>> poke pick pick second :layout 10 3 7 [420x190]
== [all [offset where]
    either all [(system/version/4 = 2) (system/version/5 <= 3)] [25x50]
[420x190]
]

Now test:

        view layout [button]
        ; (window appears at offset 420x190)

This is a way to change the default window position
(that layout gives you anyway.)

Anton.