Hello All,

After discovering the world of bitsets (they must have eaten Kellogs that morning at
rebol ;-)
I was wondering how crispy it could get?

What im trying to accomplish is to reverse a bitset!
Or better.. to extract to complete contence from a bitset!

Bitsets are pritty hard on the mind and thow should not work on it all day :-)
..Still i was not able to lauch a trick to do a reverse bitset..

Assume this is the bitset:

make bitset! #{
00000000010000000000000032D19C0000000000000000000000000000000000
}

How do i get back its contents? Shifting my way back through all 256 bits?
I cant believe thats the only way to do it...uhum..

For those who dont know how bitsets work:

a bitset is always a multiply of length? 8 (they all go by eight those little drawfs..)

dwarf: make bitset! 8 will become #{00}

To be able to insert some dwarfs in the bitset you can use 'insert like:

insert dwarf 0  (that is, dwarf 0 is the smalest and 7 is the talest in a range of 8
dwarfs..)

will result in #{01}

insert dwarf 7  (after inserting a 1 into the dwarf..will become) #{81}

etc...etc...

can become even more fun when ending up doing upto lengths of 256 ;-)

try the trick at home or in your mind "128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1" for length 8

Anyway im wandering again off the path,

I know there are some real guru's here sniffing those bitsets for over more then 4
years now :-)
In the land where myself is only a "urug" trying to find my way back through the
bitsets and by bread is almost gone during roaming the forests.

Who has help, i mean on the bitsets :-)

Mmmm sounds like I eat too much kellogs ...

(R)egards,
Norman.

--
Conversation/lunch: "How do you Eat your Rebol in the Morning?"