Max,

I also miss those days.  It was quite a blessing to be able to take hard
questions, try to figure out the answer myself, and if I really needed to I
could walk into Carl's office (if his door was open) or one of the other
developers and get a definitive answer.

Sometimes, the question was a pivotal point so Carl would think about it
for a while (and he really put thought into all the issues) and sometimes
he would call a development meeting to get others' opinions on which
direction to take Rebol.

I was also very impressed to see how in-depth Carl thought about something
before implementing it.  I never sensed that he coded "off the cuff", but
only after extensive mental deliberation weighing all the pros and cons and
keeping an eye on the future.

Rebol is an amazing piece of work.  I agree that the main ingredient
missing now is communication from the top.

I have a potential solution.  I'll see if I can set up a meeting with Carl
to discuss it.  It will benefit both the Rebol community and RT itself.

Stay tuned.

Bohdan "Bo" Lechnowsky
Lechnowsky Technical Consulting