> I think there might be way for you, using some library interface. But I
> don't know what libraries are available. I would suggest you using some
> conventional tools available. Look e.g. at http://www.doom9.org for
> suitable tools.

http://videolan.org/

awesome GPL video tools with http built in :-)
Rebolers get cooking!!

"Free Software and Open Source video streaming solution for every OS!
The VideoLAN project targets multimedia streaming of MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4
and DivX files, DVDs, digital satellite channels, digital terrestial
television channels and live videos on a high-bandwidth IPv4 or IPv6 network
in unicast or multicast under many OSes. VideoLAN also features a
cross-plaform multimedia player, VLC, which can be used to read the stream
from the network or display video read locally on the computer under all
GNU/Linux flavours, all BSD flavours, Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, Solaris, QNX,
Familiar Linux...

VideoLAN is free software, and is released under the GNU General Public
License. It started as a student project at the French École Centrale Paris
but is now a worldwide project with developers from 20 countries.
"

enjoy..
- Jason