Dr. J. J. "One Eyed CrackerJack" Harbaugh

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Vanzeveren Francois
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 2:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [REBOL] log4reb

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to inform you that the first public release of log4reb (a
rebol implementation of the famous log4j in java) is available at
http://www.rebolgique.org/rebsite/projects/log4reb.tar.gz .

This release is missing the appenders and layouts, but I expect to add
then when I have the need for. Test scripts are available in the
test-cases directory. These show how to use the ibrary and to
configure it. To run the sample:
>>change-dir %test-cases
>>do %test1.r ; attention, c'est assez long!
...;files are stored into %logs/
>>do %test2.r ; le plus intéressant!!
...; files are stored into %logs/

With log4reb, you can leave all your logging statements in you
application and activate only those you are interested in. For each
scripts that makes your application, you can specify a specific log
level ('all, 'debug, 'info, 'warn, 'error, 'fatal, 'off) in a
properties
file. With log4reb, there is no need to parse your code looking for
all
the nasty print statements you inserted to debug your application!
Just
leave the log statements and activate/deactivate them when necessary.

Hope it will help.

Of course, comments are welcome.

François