I'm now able to run a REBOL cron job on my home machine.  The trick is to use
the '-w' flag.  I thought I was running the latest version of Core on the
machines at work but I'll have to check that tomorrow.

I guess the script is aborting early without '-w' when launched by Cron.
Sometimes I recieved a few lines of the REBOL copyright message in my mail,
other times I would only get the console clear characters.  The script was
writing to a file (write %/tmp/test "hello") but the file was never created.

-Karl