Hi Anton,

Got it sorted now .... the help available on this list is amazing.
Thanks again Volker ....

The bug it was a little strange and I should really investigate further.

I tried to cut the problem down to a much smaller program, just list & text-list.
I put a font [] on all the text items in the list.

Of course, the bug dissapeared.

Doing the same in my much larger program, the bug was still there :-(     grrrr

Following Volkers suggestion, I made a style with a
    with[append init [font: make font[]]]
as soon as I put this in my much larger program, and the bug went away.

As I said I should investigate further, as putting a font [] on each field should have
sorted the problem, .... but time is against me of course :-(

FYI the much larger program is an email client.
If the email is unread then the line in the list representing that email appears bold,
otherwise it should have no 'style (if you see what I mean ;-) ). The problem was that
all subsequent text-list appeared bold if the first item in a folder was unread.

Cheers Phil