> Still, are there easier ways?

I don't know about easier, but I use code like the following:

get-text-size: function [fontsize [integer!]][t][
        layout [t: text font-size fontsize "MMMMMMMM"]
        size-text t
]

to determine the size of a base "element" and then stylize/master all my
widgets (in addition to changing origin / space) like:

stylize/master [
        btn:    btn    to-size 1 1 font-size to-integer fontsize * .75
        choice: choice to-size 1 1 font-size fontsize
        div:    box    red as-pair element/x element/y / 10
        field:  field  to-size 1 1 font-size fontsize

whichs enables me to have a UI that dynamically responds to fontsize
changes whilst maintaining the same look. This solution works for me
(where I need to have things appear the same relative size across a wide
range of display size resolutions), but it is certainly not an ideal one.

Regards,

        Ashley