Am Sonntag 07 Dezember 2003 11:27 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> Hi,
>
> Volker wrote:

> Instead of writing:
>
>      a-object/handler/add a-object 3
>
> we can use the above dispatcher and write:
>
>     msg [a-object add 3]

I want to note quickly that the lack of dispatching is intentional imho.
This dispatching is often used for optimising(memory, otherwise functions in
objects work well.
Or, when dispatchers are used, they often do more than one dispatch.
like 'show, which calls the raffected faces to actualize face-description
and then draws them.
Or some stuff in protoco AFAIK, where 'copyand friends check if the have to
wait and such (do they? not a protocol-writer). or 'write which dispatchs to
'open, 'insert and 'close. so being flexible, but not itself called my a
dispatcher.
In my experience a simple one-call-dispatcher makes rarely sense.
(In the size-dimensions of a rebol-script at least).
Another is that objects may have multiple dispatchers, a kind of better
controlled multiple inheritance.

But just for fun, we could try a
 dsp-add: dispatch-to a-object 'add
only difficulty is passing refinements.