but security isn't always an issue.  In this case, rebol outdoes everybody, IMHO.

For security, you can just encrypt the data before sending it, and even that is
(rather) easy to integrate right in a protocol.

I have implemented several distributed applications and its so easy in rebol.  I'm not
saying its more powerfull, just easier.

remember that there is ios for distributed commercial apps development.

-MAx