Hi Tom,

I guess you're on a unix system. If you connect locally, the C mysql client use
local sockets while mysql.r use TCP ports. So the points to check are :

- Does your mysql server run on the default port 3306 or different one ?
- Does your mysql server allow for TCP connection ?
- Is your [EMAIL PROTECTED] authorized to connect to "database" ?

On Linux, a reverse DNS under REBOL often give localhost.localdomain instead of
just localhost. If it's the case, the simplier way to workaround that is to
grant access to [EMAIL PROTECTED] on mysql server.

HTH,
-DocKimbel