From: "Maxim Olivier-Adlhoch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Rebol-List (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 4:23 PM
Subject: [REBOL] key events... hacking...

> hi gang!
>

> Is anyone capable of getting keyboard events for faces which are not
"focused", short of rewriting the whole event handler?

> I need to handle shortcuts in a multi-level ui system.  The problem right
now is that if I focus a face, then the caret appears and its looks mimic a
text field!

> I'd just want a way to get keyboard events at their source and if they
coincide with a specific current setup or context, then an action is
called...

> does the key style allow me to do just that, and if so, do any one of you
have simple useage examples... its been a while since I've been in keyboard
hassles dept.

> thanks in advance!
>
> AND A BIG THAKS TO EVERYONE WHO SHARED A SECRET OR TWO ABOUT VID
ACCELERATION.  I am sure many novices and a few veterans learned at least
one or two tricks.  Thats what I wanted, to get that kind of info shared in
one continous stream.

> now may be gerard or cybarite will compile that somewhere  ;-)
>
> as if we don't all have enough to do already.
>

> CHEERS!
>

> -MAx
> ---
> "You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution, but in the
end, being part of the problem is much more fun."