Dixit Maxim Olivier-Adlhoch (20.41 19.02.2004):
>The way I see it is that any value which does not evaluate into an action simply
>returns a clean version if itself.  It is possible that some values get reduced or
>"corrected" as part of their evaluation, but I do not know how to call this behavior.
>
>example:
>>> 2001-3-4
>== 4-Mar-2001

Same behaviour e.g. for URLs:
>> http://www.uio.no/f/%26tr/y
== http://www.uio.no/f/&tr/y
I think RT calls this "passing the value through the parser". But your words,
(reduction, correction) are as good, I suppose. Don't know about any "official",
"correct" way to call this. Or maybe someone at RT reads this and can tell us?

HY

Prętera censeo Carthaginem esse delendam