ctx-viewtop starts out life as a block, quite short.
When you use the desktop for the first time, it
is converted to an object! This object molds to a much
longer string than the original block. So by "freezing",
I assume you mean "deep in thought".

So open a console, and do this:

        write clipboard:// mold ctx-viewtop

Then you can open an editor and paste into a new
document, which you can easily make into a script
which sets ctx-viewtop, so you can experiment with the
code.

Anton.