On 01-Apr-04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thanks for answers!

> The next q. is about faces event handling:
> I would like to use a layout (form) without help of mouse.
> There was some points in couple of documentation files (view
> quide and handling events), but no so much.

> So I am interested to find some more detailed description or
> some examples about tabing (focusing) throught faces (not just
> text fields) and more info about "detect" event using.

> Could you please point me to a link that I missed.

It sounds like you missed this one...

http://www.rebol.com/how-to/feel.html

which covers event handling quite well.  I don't know of any docs
where focusing is explained, but the current focus can be found in
system/view/focal-face.  Here's a little example of the focus
rotating automatically through three fields...

rebol []
view layout [
    backdrop rate 1 feel [
        engage: func [face action event][
            either all [
                action = 'time
                system/view/focal-face
                object? f: system/view/focal-face/user-data
            ][
                focus f
            ][
                unfocus
    f1: field
    f2: field
    f3: field
    do [
        f1/user-data: f2
        f2/user-data: f3
        f3/user-data: f1

To start the cycling, click on any field.

The feel (ie, event-handling) is added to the layout's backdrop.  To
do the cycling it could've been added to any face since the cycling
is dependant on a timer, not a click on a specific face, but by using
the backdrop we can make it so a click on it will do an unfocus and
so end the cycling.

Hope this gets you started.

Oh yes, and welcome to the mailing-list and REBOL.  Both are a lot of
fun as well as being very useful. ;-)

--
Carl Read