Max wrote:

> rebol prefered (and simpler) style:
>
> either none? system/script/args [
> print "no args"
> ][
> print "args waiting"
> ]

Someone else will probably jump on this, but see Zine Issue #2 for style
suggestions on this particular example:
http://www.rebolforces.com/zine/rzine-1-02/#sect10.

The upshot is that:

    print pick ["no args" "args waiting"] none? system/script/args

is probably closer to the "preferred" REBOL style envisioned by its creator.

I'm no guru, but I might consider a reader-friendly form:

arg-status: ["no args" "args waiting"]
print pick arg-status (none? system/script/args)

Or, if I knew I needed variations of this (i.e., for the other system/script
values), maybe something like:

    status-msg: func [
        "Return a pair of status messages in a block suitable for 'pick."
        subject [string!]
    ][
        reduce [reform ["no" subject] reform [subject "available"]]
    ]

    print pick status-msg "args" (none? system/script/args)

Other, wiser REBOLs can probably suggest better approaches.

Best regards,
Ed