Raimund,

REBOL generally follows the accepted standard for url characters; however, frequently
websites use characters that are not technically part of the standard.  I have not
checked for "^".

At any rate the net-utils parsing rules *sometimes* can be patched to allow the url to
be parsed.  I have tried the patch for this character and it appears to parse, but I
do not know if it retrieves the information for which you seek.  Watch for line wrap.

net-utils/url-parser/path-char: union net-utils/url-parser/path-char make bitset! "^^"
read http://de.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes/csv?s=^GDAXI&f=sl1t1d1c1pohgv

yields:
connecting to: de.finance.yahoo.com
== {^^GDAXI;4033,98;17:45;4/16/2004;+29,37;4004,61;4004,61;4043,53;3986,62;0
}

This patch may make other tcp accesses unstable, so use at your own risk, or
alternatively:

old-bitset: copy net-utils/url-parser/path-char
net-utils/url-parser/path-char: union net-utils/url-parser/path-char make bitset! "^^"
read http://de.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes/csv?s=^GDAXI&f=sl1t1d1c1pohgv
net-utils/url-parser/path-char: copy old-bitset

which then reverts the bitset back to the original.

Hope that this helps as an alternative to Anton's more properly formatted method.

--Scott Jones