As far as application development goes I'm given pretty much free rain.
The only edict set in stone is that anything that is developed must be
cross platform complient; Windows-to-Linux, Linux-to-Windows. Most of my
work is PHP/MySQL so that edict doesn't effect me to any great extent.

I initially was looking at Rebol as a messaging tool (to me it appears to
be much more friendly, in that capacity, then Java). As I read about and
play with Rebol I am seeing some real possibilities for it in other areas
as well. Once I have gotten to where I am comfortable working in it and
have a better understanding of it's use and capabilities I can send it up
for approval and add Rebol to my toolbox. As for the plug-in it has no
chance in our setting on two counts; One we don't use IE and two the NS
plug-in doesn't exist. I think that having the plup-in available for
Mozilla/FireFox would be a plus in my bid for getting Rebol approved for
use; but I feel pretty confident that I will have little trouble getting
approval any way, if I can show that I am able to use it to develop those
apps that we require.

Personally I find myself amazed at the compactness & speed of Rebol.  I
don't know the language itself well enough to appreciate it's ease of use,
but I expect to be totally blown away by that aspect as well.

I do appreciate your input.

Paul

--
Linux User Number: 348867