Hey Gregg,

At 07:27 AM 5/7/04 -0600, Gregg wrote:
>Excellent info Brian,
>
>Can we add it to REBOL.org somewhere (with due credit of course)?
>
>If people think that would be a good thing, could a couple other
>people review it as well?

Sure, although I'd like to be one of those people. I've had a lot
of time to give this problem thought - years, actually. If you
want I have more detail on the registry settings from an email I
wrote to this list on 16-Aug-2002, and more about directories
from a feedback about the subject I sent in Sep-2000.

Unfortunately this installation problem is a bit of a pet peeve
for me. That's why my emails on the subject have been a bit more
"impressive" (thanks Ari!) than I would like. If I could afford
to buy the SDK I would have rewritten the installer years ago
and submitted my changes to RT. I have offered to do so before,
no charge, but I need the existing installer source first.

>Thanks!
>
>-- Gregg

No problem!

Brian Hawley