Hi Scott,

On Thursday, May 6, 2004, 12:14:23 AM, you wrote:

JS> I suspect that the major clue provided is with this line:
JS>     Net-log: "250-STARTTLS"
JS> This is the most interesting point that I would like to
JS> research.  I vaguely recall that TLS is an encoding or
JS> encrypting scheme.  Does anyone else know?  If it is then
JS> the email server may be looking for a "plain text" version
JS> of the encoded or encrypted username and password.  I do
JS> not recall how this can be done easily through REBOL.  Does
JS> anyone else know?

TLS is the Transport Layer Security protocol.

    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2246.txt

   The TLS protocol provides communications privacy over
   the Internet. The protocol allows client/server applications to
   communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping,
   tampering, or message forgery.

TLS  and  SSL  are  both  supported by REBOL/Command. If your SMTP
server  requires  a  TLS connection, you are out of luck with just
/Core or /View, unless you try to use tools like stunnel etc.

Regards,
   Gabriele.
--
Gabriele Santilli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  --  REBOL Programmer
Amiga Group Italia sez. L'Aquila  ---   SOON: http://www.rebol.it/