Hi,
I've not yet tried this, hmmm, not usre about placing paper bag in hot oven!...yikes!
then, I might be wrong....
if anyone knows if it's safe to do so, please let me know.
Thanks.
Syl.

Paper-Bag Baked Chicken

Here's a unique and easy way to roast a whole  chicken! The

result is chicken that is moist and tender with a delicious

roasted flavor--despite its unusual cooking times and

temperatures.

Ingrediants:

3 1/2 to 4 pound whole chicken

1 large onion, peeled

1 lemon,  sliced with peel

1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil

1 teaspoon salt, or  to taste

Freshly ground pepper to taste

1 large clean brown paper bag

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450*F (230*C).

Clean chicken inside and out; thoroughly dry.

Freeze neck and giblets  for other uses or discard.

Brush or rub oil over the outside of chicken.

Distribute the salt and pepper evenly inside and out.

Next place the whole, peeled onion and lemon slices inside the cavity  of chicken.

Place chicken into brown paper bag.

Place bagged chicken into a 13 x  9 x 2-inch baking dish.

Making sure paper bag is rolled up tightly and tucked  underneath chicken.

Place chicken into oven and bake for 1 hour.

Reduce heat  to 350*F (175*C) and continue baking for 1 hour more.

(Total cooking time: 2 hours.)

Remove chicken and let set undisturbed for 10 minutes before

serving to  allow juices to be reabsorbed.

Serve the cooked onion with the chicken, or  discard as you prefer.

 Serves 2 to  4.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;  courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference."
Jesus Loves You!
-Sylvia C. Lopez