3 eggs
1 1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour, sifted
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 c. pared apples, diced
1 c. walnuts, chopped
1 tbsp. flour

Beat together oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla (about 3 minutes). Sift together 2
cups flour, salt and baking soda. Add to above, beating well. Stir in apples.
Combine walnuts and flour. Stir into batter. Pour in greased and floured 13 x 9
x 2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool and spread with
caramel frosting. Combine 1/2 cup butter or oleo, 1 cup brown sugar (firmly
packed) and 1/4 cup milk. Bring to boil and boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat
and spread at once over top of cake.

         Love & Hugs,,Janet

  "In our hands we hold today; In our dreams we hold
tomorrow; In our hearts we hold forever".