Double Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake
Serves 12

For the Crust:

2 and 1/2 cups of chocolate graham cracker crumbs (use your food
processer to grind them or crush with your rolling pin in a plastic bag.
You'll need most of one box to get the 2 and 1/2 cups.)
2 Tbl of instant espresso powder
1 stick of butter, melted

For the bottom layer
16 oz of finely chopped chocolate (divided). Use good chocolate for
this. At least 60%-72%. Semi-sweet.
1/2 cup of whipping cream

For the top layer
24 oz of cream cheese, softened at room temperature (3 boxes)
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup of strong coffee (you can use left over coffee from the morning)

1 tsp of vanilla flavoring
2 - 3 Tbl of mini chocolate chips

To make the cheesecake:

You'll need your 10" springform pan. Put in the chocolate crumbs, the
espresso powder and the butter. Mix this thoroughly with a fork until
all crumbs are wet. Then gently press the crumbs across the bottom of
the pan and about 1" up the sides. This doesn't have to be scientific.
Just press until they all adhere. To make this a bit less messy, you can
put a piece of plastic wrap between the crumbs and your hand to guard
against you getting too many crumbs stuck to your fingers. I must say
that I loved a few crumbs stuck to my fingers so when I was finished I
could lick them. The espresso and graham cracker combo tasted great!

Okay, continue. Set that crust aside and begin work on your cheesecake
filling. First the bottom layer.

In a small pan put in the cream. Bring the cream up to a slow bubble.
When you see the bubbles around the edge of the pan the cream is HOT.
Don't let it boil over. Add the chocolate and take the pan off heat.
Swirl the chocolate mixture with your whisk until all of it melts into a
dreamy smooth mass. Pour half of the melted chocolate over your
cheesecake crust. Just smooth it out across the bottom. Set the pan in
your refrigerator or freezer to cool down the chocolate while you
continue. Set the other half of the melted chocolate/cream mixture aside
to cool down. It will go in the top layer.

For the Top Layer:

Take out your mixer and a big bowl. If you have a stand mixer this will
be much easier.

Put in your cream cheese and sugar and whip until fluffy. This takes a
few minutes. In my opinion it would be difficult to over-whip a
cheesecake filling. The lighter the better. When it's fluffy, add an egg
and whip again. Then add the 2nd egg and whip. Now add the top layer
heavy cream, the coffee, the vanilla and the other chocolate/cream
mixture you had set aside. Continue whipping until all is well mixed.

Take the cheesecake crust out of the cold and pour this mixture on top
to fill the pan.

Now sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes. You want the cheesecake to be
solid toward the edges but the middle will still jiggle. This one is
hard to judge. It depends on how hot your oven operates and how you like
your cheesecake. I like mine fairly mushy; even after it has set up.

When you finish baking the cheesecake, let it sit in the oven (the oven
is now off) with the door open, for another 30 minutes. The cheesecake
will begin to set up. Next cool it fully on the counter. Then
refrigerate.

Cheesecake cake can be served after 4 hours in the refrigerator but most
cheesecakes actually taste their best on day 2 so if you can plan ahead,
make it the day before.

When you go to serve your entrée, take your cheesecake out of the
refrigerator and set it on the counter. It will taste more lush if it's
not straight out of the refrigerator.

Loosen your pan sides and cut the cheesecake with a sharp knife. Some
even heat the knife and wipe it off and then cut it. The warm knife
slices right through.

Enjoy!
Cheers,
Zola