Tomato Rice Pilaf

List of 7 items

. 2 tablespoons olive oil

. 1 onion, sliced

. 1 cup dry, long-grain brown rice

. 14 oz can chopped tomatoes

. 1/2 teaspoon salt

. 1/8 teaspoon pepper

. 1-1/2 cups water

list end

To make this dish, you will need a sauce pan with a tightly fitting lid. Heat
the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and sautè it until it becomes
fragrant,

and translucent (see-through). Add the rice and continue to sautè until the
rice toasts a little bit. This should only take a couple of minutes. Next add

the tomatoes, salt, pepper and water. Stir it all up and bring it to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and put the lid on. Simmer over low heat for about

45 minutes, or until the rice is tender. This makes a great side dish or even a
main dish for lunch or supper. If you are using it as a main dish, serve

it topped with a fried egg, whole grain muffins and a tall glass of milk. This
is a simple dish, but is tastes very good, especially when the cook is tired,

and the wind is howling outside. Serves 6 as a side dish, or 4 as a main dish.
When I make this as the main supper dish for the whole family, I double

the recipe so no one leaves the table hungry.

~To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.
-Sugar