The quote below is certainly one of the most significant in the original
article, because it demonstrates very clearly the participants have all
chosen to strenuously avoid evaluating exactly why the Problems were caused
in the first place, in case the fickle finger of fate pointed at them.

Those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are bound to repeat it.

Phillip,
  The idea of a "women's senate and a men's assembly" is very worthwhile
considering for the post colonial era if it ever arrives.  However, no such
"women's senate and a men's assembly"or any other colonial construct for
that matter, including the present one, operating across the continent gets
to put its feet on the ground unless and until it gets its legitimacy from
indigenous law.  How do you propose that such an idea become concrete?