Trudy Bray wrote:
>The Shadow Minister for Aboriginal Affairs, Daryl
>Melham, says the Government's attitude needs to change.
>"I think on all the evidence you've got to question the
>Government's commitment to reconciliation," Mr
>Melham said.

this is rather amusing from melham
It would greatly help Labor's cause if they were to admit their own mistakes.
and currently, as they shaft aboriginal people yet again over the constitutional
preamble Mr Melham's comments are frankly a bit rich.
I'm just finishing Diane Bell's book and have just been reading about Labor's
sell out of the Ngarrindgeri. I'd like to hear Mr Melham admit that their
support for Howard on Hindmarsh was wrong. But they won't. It'll just be the
same old, 'trust us and we'll do the right thing in government'.
Both the major parties aren't supporting real reconciliation, it's all just
gestures and politicking.

Paul

--
®  http://www.rainbow.net.au/~canning