If we must have myths of nationalism, can we at least
get the start of time and the voice of the country right?

>From the Beginning, we First Peoples, have cared for
and groomed our living countries to last for eternity.

Then, in 1788, Settler Peoples arrived and attempted to
separate us from our living countries by acts of genocide,
ethnocide and ecocide. The British Crown had no estate
in Australia, nor did it acquire our living countries with
our informed and genuine consent or with acts of balanced
exchange. Our lands were forcefully stolen from us by alien
people with no respect for our laws, languages and ways of
life.

Again, in 1901, the Settler Peoples regrouped their interests
to form the Commonwealth of Australia under an alien and
introduced notion of God. We First Peoples were excluded
from that Commonwealth and expected to die out.

Again, in 1999, a draft preamble was written for the Constitution
which again excluded us as cultural partners both in terms of
process and substance.

We give thanks to Gareth, Natasha and Bob for their
wonderful abilities which have rendered the need
for our participation redundant, in order that their
careers will be assured. May their parties continue
to flourish forever, even though the senior law people
of  Australia continue to lead greatly stressed lives, and
die young,  as a consequence of propping up the ongoing
pretences of the doctrines of terra nullius...

and etc..

Bruce Reyburn