From: Christine Howes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 1999 5:29 PM
To: Carrie Jacobi; Reconnet
Subject: Re: GST

reconnet: reconciliation email network

Thanks Carrie....I know there is a website (I think out of UQ somewhere)
which details the debit tax. I've since lost it's location, but you are
completely right....the major stakeholders in such a tax are....the major
stakeholders, I guess.  No chance they are going to support it - especially
because they could no longer get out of paying the same tax as everyone else
- and they use it all the most!  The people who make the most, get the most
concessions and use the most resources!!!!!  Bizarre (to use a well-worn
cliche)....

Cheers...Christine