Yes Trudy,

The Bjelke-Petersen Govt. no doubt intended to cause the annihilation of the
Aboriginal communities.

Another step in that direction was to legislate so that , if an Aborigine
was registered to vote in an Aboriginal Council election, that person could
not vote in a Local Govt. election.

We are left with a situation where Local Shires do not respond to Aboriginal
needs because those people are not eligible to vote in Local Govt. elections
in many areas.

All power resides in the hands of the Graziers and Miners and their
non-indigenous supporters.

The Labor Govt. is looking at the situation, but to date has done
nothing----Goss did nothing in the 6 years he was in power----no surprises
there---Goss spent his early years in  South-west Queensland under the
guidance of the ''Bludgers in Grass Castles" and their serfs.

Laurie

Laurie and Desley Forde   [EMAIL PROTECTED]