This was one of two texts posted today by Blackhawk, and I forward it with
his permission ....

I was visiting with my relatives...
the clouds, the mountains, the sky, the trees
My relatives touched my spirit, nudged it lovingly
"Listen to us impatient one, we are forever
You must remember the gentleness of time
You are struggling to be who you are
You say you want to learn the old ways
Struggling to learn when all you must do is remember
Remember the People, remember sky and Earth
Remember the People have always struggled to live
in harmony, in peace.
Struggle against selfishness and weakness so the People may live
as Nations,
The old ways are hard, the People have always had to work
together
Remember impatient one, remember and live...
Do not be afraid of truth, respect, discipline, share your life
so the People may live.
Honor sky and Earth, honor yourself, honor your relations...
Remember impatient one, the gentleness of time."

Grandmother Moon, you are more than light in the night
You are more than the Moon
You are spirit connection, your energy is our light
You are memories to generations past
You are the creator of sensations, they will always last
You are the knowledge, the teacher, the influence
to keep the People sane
You are a healer from spirit pain.
Grandmother Moon, we love you, and we are angry
at the invaders who trash you and violate our universe
with their mechanical uncleanliness.
We pray for you, for us, and for the invader who just can't comprehend
respect, love, or the balance of life.
We do not join the invading madness
>From the way they act which speaks of spirit sadness
Machine, money, progress, is the cause of our common abuse.
We see you Grandmother, we feel you, we love you
We know through your reality we will endure. We are one.
We pray for you, we pray to you.

Grandfather is whispering in the wind....
"Rejoice at the life you are a part of, natural energy bound
to natural laws.
You will survive this temporary madness imposed upon you.
Natural light is longer than oppressor's dillusionary insanity.
Spirits experience human deeds, but need not end.
This is just one place that changes
Spirit life is forever if you want, the universe is your home,
you can survive here.
Do not let them kill you, keep your spirit strong,
for distant stars and distant drums are the memories of
spirit infancy
Children of Earth, let the spirit live so you can grow
in your place in the universe."