----------
From: Estela Fuentes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mapuche campaign
Date: Monday, August 16, 1999 7:34 PM

Hi Irene, this email was sent to me by a friend, she is Mapuche and works
for an organisation called Lulul Mawidha, a media organisation, obviously
it's been translated and she ask's for it to be redistributed.  The law
will mean that the ninth region, where Temuco is, will be the only region
where this law will be applied, Temuco and it's surrounding towns and
communities (the ninth region) is predominantly Mapuche settled.

The authorities will literally get away with murder..........

> Subject: please respond and pass on this message
>
> Just a week away from the presidential call in La Moneda to "a great
civilian
> treaty" to resolve the Mapuche problem, the Mayor of the 9th Region,
Oscar
> Eltit, required last Wednesday 11th of August, to the Appealing Court of
> Temuco, that the State Security Law be applied to all those responsible
for
> the fires that occured in the region which affected the Forestry
Corporation
> of Mininco in Collipulli and Ercilla.
>
> Las principales sospechas,  por cierto recaen  sobre los líderes
Mapuche,