Radio National's Encounter Programme this week was on Reconciliation.  The transcript
is available at
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/relig/enc/stories/s43765.htm

While Encounter is a religious programme, the discussion is useful as from what I know
the word
"reconciliation" in the way we are using it has derived from Catholic
I did some research into the meaning of the word Reconciliation 6 or so months ago,
and I could not find a
use of it in our context prior to 1991.   If someone can trace it to an earlier date I
would be interested.

The Catholic church has a theology and a sacrament of Conciliation (the sacrament used
to be commonly called
Confession), and the 1991 use was by the current Pope in a speech in South America.

Graham Y

--
Graham Young
Phone: