I think it is because Aden Ridgeway and Lowitja O'Donahue are better people than
Howard is and they
therefore tend to believe he is sincere - at least in part. He can be very convincing
and his words often
seem very reasonable. I believe it is something he has learnt to use to get what he
wants.
Sociopaths often dupe the same people over and over again because they are so good at
it. They betray no
doubt in what they say because they have no conscience and therefore are very
convincing.

Trudy