Jim wrote:

> I've just got to read the transcript, Ms McDougall seems like
such a
> real
> person!  Wow, and we put Ruddock up against her.  Typical
failure of the
> "L"iberal patriarchy.

Yes, in The Age's version of this report, Ruddock was pointing to
the presence of the Aboriginal contingent in the room as proof of
Australia's "progress" on reconciliation.  McDougall responded
something like "yes, but why aren't they standing with you, rather
than over there?"  I cringe with embarrassment.

Sandy