Hi Everyone,

A welcome reply from the Tent Embassy has provided the following clarifying statement
and
invitation. Rather than send an attachment via email, people can view this at
http://orion.ozlinx.com.au/messagestick/CorroboreeInvite.html

I would be very grateful if you might forward this url to as many people as you can.
ALL are welcome
to this peaceful occasion.
Suze

For those without web access the text follows:

ABORIGINAL TENT EMBASSY
PEACE CAMP
VICTORIA PARK, SYDNEY

STATEMENT 5TH SEPTEMBER 2000

The Aboriginal Tent Embassy is a Peace Keeping Camp. It is not a protest.
There has been enough bloodshed, it is time to end the war.

The Embassy is holding Corroboree for Sovereignty,
beginning 14th September and continuing through to 1st October.

Corroboree for Sovereignty is held to

End Genocidal War
Recognise and celebrate Aboriginal Sovereignty
Conduct a Peace Process to Treaty

The Corroboree for Sovereignty is not an occasion of protest,
it is a gathering of the people to participate in the
Sacred Fire Ceremony for Peace and Justice
at the Ceremonial Fire burning in Victoria Park.

A brief history of the Ceremony

1997 Ceremony
Corroboree for Sovereignty 1997
26th January 1997

1998 Ceremony
Corroboree for Sovereignty 1998
26th January 1998
Fire Creator for Peace and Justice awoken - Fire Ceremony began.

1999 Ceremony
Corroboree for Sovereignty 1999
26th January 1999

2000 Ceremony
Corroboree for Sovereignty 2000
Aboriginal Tent Embassy Canberra
26th January 2000

Aboriginal Tent Embassy Peace Camp
14th September 2000 - 1st October 2000

All are welcome to attend, and take their place at the Sacred Fire for Peace and
Justice.

The Embassy asks that all are respectful of the process and provide participation and
assistance.

YOU ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN
CORROBOREE FOR SOVEREIGNTY
and
SACRED FIRE CEREMONY FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
14th SEPTEMBER to 1ST OCTOBER 2000

THE ABORIGINAL TENT EMBASSY WILL BE HOSTING THE "CORROBOREE FOR SOVEREIGNTY" AND THE
"SACRED FIRE
CEREMONY FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE" IN VICTORIA PARK, SYDNEY FROM THURSDAY 14TH SEPTEMBER
UNTIL SUNDAY
1ST OCTOBER 2000.

THE "CORROBOREE FOR SOVEREIGNTY" WILL INVOLVE TRADITIONAL SONG AND DANCE, INDIGENOUS
AND
NON-INDIGENOUS PERFORMERS AND ARTISTS, FILMS AND OPEN PUBLIC FORUMS IN RESPECT OF
PAST, PRESENT AND
THE POTENTIAL PATHS FORWARD.

THE "SACRED FIRE CEREMONY" WILL TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAY 14TH SEPTEMBER FROM 10AM,

"CORROBOREE FOR SOVEREIGNTY" WILL TAKE PLACE ON WEEKENDS COMMENCING ON SATURDAY 16TH
SEPTEMBER IN
DAYLIGHT HOURS FOR THE DURATION OF THE SYDNEY OLYMPIC GAMES 2000.

FILM NIGHTS WILL BE ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHTS.

OPEN FORUMS ON SOVEREIGNTY AND OTHER ISSUES WILL OCCUR THROUGHOUT THE CORROBOREE.

ABORIGINAL TENT EMBASSY
PEACE CAMP
VICTORIA PARK, SYDNEY

RSVP: [EMAIL PROTECTED]