>From Diet Simon:

MPs coming to Oz next year

Since posting “German MPs pushing for Aboriginal rights session” I have
received the following from the Social
Democrat Bundestag MP, Klaus Hasenfratz,  chairman of the
Australian-German Group of Parliamentarians:

“In connection with the opening of the Olympic Games in Sydney I met on
Thursday of last week with Mr. Michael Anderson. In the
very informative conversation on the situation of the Aborigines in
Australia I assured Mr. Anderson that I will endeavour also to have
the problems addressed during an intended visit by German
parliamentarians to Australia next year. As chairman of the
Australian-German Group of Parliamentarians I consider it important to
have talks not only with parliamentarians but also with those
affected.”