Dear Friends (including those I haven't been here to meet yet). I am writing
this because you are my friends and I trust you enough to tell you the truth
about where I have been in the last few weeks.

I also have had time to think and plan a lot, and have made some decisions
which may lose some members (I hope not). I made these decisions after much
thought, and putting the whole thing on my own shoulders if anything goes
wrong, so anyone currently involved with, or interested in becoming involved
with (I've fixed up the overseas problem, I have several people willing to
accept donations, and I'm sure that as I am joining BWC up as a Bearo
(lifetime member) of GBW, and myself as a Sponsor, we will have access to
bears. Karen (Sir Koff a lot and muffin enterprises) can you contact me
please about getting t-shirts for Sir Koff and ribbon made up with the BWC
logo and the new one. The new logo is still in my head, but it is CCC
(Crafts, Computers and Crisis referral services for those in need Australia
wide).CCC has a DGR pending and I am working on the paperwork for Income Tax
exemption and deductible gift recipient status.

The reason I have been offline is that the harassment I have been
intermittently subjected to, the problems my daughter has, and the increased
vulnerability caused by my own endogenous depression tipped me over the edge
and I had a physical and mental breakdown. Fortunately I had all the
medication to treat the depression so I was able to stay home, looked after
by Ros. Rachel is in foster care with her foster family only ten minutes
drive from here, so I can see her regularly.

I do want to hear from anyone who cares to write. Jinx (my secret pal from
the SMALL swap), your parcel arrived, and he and shrimp have kept me sane
through this, along with Ted (made by Joan Farrelly) and my other adored
bears.I have been totally housebound, my first trip outside the front door
for over a week was to see my doctor before he went away on holidays, so I
have not posted any mail. I have the customs forms and mailbags to post all
my swaps. There is one I can't post, and that is the Recycle card game,
(Nikki, please can I have the names I asked for months ago, I did get your
last email, and they were posted by Ros on 14/7/2000). Fortunately after
some of the horror stories I have heard over the years about Australia Post
I ignored your demand and scanned them. The scans are still on Ros's hard
disk, so I will upload them when I can.

Bears who Care members, I need three volunteers for a committee meeting. As
usual the Annual general meeting will take place on line, but after I have
sent off the letters. It will be held over one week and all financial
members are most welcome to attend. [EMAIL PROTECTED] is usually an
open list, I will however be closing it for the week of the meeting. I need
the committee members to be outside Victoria, either interstate or overseas,
because of the nature of the ruling. As we don't have any official committee
members for BWC (I have been over the minutes of the last AGM   in careful
detail), I could make this decision myself, but as we are being carefully
watched by the Justice Dept and the Australian Taxation office, this has to
be done by the book exactly.

I am winding up the Incorporated in Victoria status of BWC, as it is an
unnecessary drain on our resources,,as we have Australia wide tax status it
is no longer needed, although the rules will be used as our rules for both
BWC and CCC. CCC is the extension of the other work I have been doing on a
very modest scale since I was 16 (I'm 41), and it gives me the ability to
help more people, not just with toys but with clothes, furniture bedding and
craft and computer tuition..

 Roberta Fassina, could you please save me going through the thousands of
email on my computer and email me. Your TWO parcels have turned into SIX (
all full of lovely material all ready to make into bears for kids in need.

Sorry about the length of this, but it needed to be long. I want to expand
our work with the refuges and crisis housing services to all disadvantaged
people Australia wide. *** Bonus. If you send your lifetime membership of
the amalgamated BWC/CCC you can have lifetime membership for your whole
family for $10 instead of $!2. That is all the costs this year, after that
it will be $10 a year to cover postage costs, and the newsletter will now be
coming out more often, and at least the first page will be in colour.

Anyone who wants to join us, could you please leave the subject line as it
is and send me your postal address. Distance is not a problem, I have bought
(with my own pension) souvenir envelopes to use for sending out the
newsletter to our overseas friends. We need people who can do any craft,  we
can now supply patterns of all kinds, and anyone who would like to make
something for us to sell on Ebay we would be delighted to  receive it. Only
the membership and annual renewal are subject to the GST, anything over that
is a bonus.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, I have a lot of work to do and little time
to do it, Uni. first, and our BAS for the tax office (to get back some of
the money I have spent) then the fun stuff, rewriting the entire site!!
Anyone who would like to help with any aspect of this (except the Uni.,
that's my work) is most welcome, your assistance will be met with gratitude,
no matter what your skill is. I am also looking into taking some of the
sheltered workshop workers and helping them do something worthwhile and
training them for a good paying job in the open market. I've spent two years
working with people who work a full week for $20 more in their pension !!
I'd rather go without something myself and give them a chance, one or two at
a time, to work with us for decent pay, improve their skills and when they
want to move on a great reference that says what they CAN do, not what they
can't.

Big plans, big dreams, my primary focus is still on the kids in most need,
and in our Australian Indigenous people. I'm hoping to   get contacts, prove
what my heart already knows (that I am related to this land by roots going
back before invasion), and hope to set up some rural people to help their
own people with materials and information supplied from here.

BWC was launched on the anniversary of my fathers death BWC and CCC will
ensure that his memory lives on after I am dead.I will NOT rest until there
is help for every person in crisis, especially the First Peoples of the
world.
BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL
Sue
Sue Maynard,Founder
Bears who Care Inc. ABN 59 733 931 133 (Donations Tax Deductible)
A cuddly friend for kids in crisis  http://www.bearswhocare.au.com