Support the Justice and Peace Candlelight Walk at 8PM on FRIDAY January 5, 2001, around Government House, Adelaide, and oppose any nuclear dump in South Australia, by walking in your State/Territory around your local government domain to advocate a Treaty with Indigenous people.

Get supporters to gather with candles from 7PM before walking at 8PM. There's no reason why we can't achieve a better result than our last ten walks if we make a stand together.

SPREAD THIS EMAIL THROUGH YOUR NETWORKS! JUSTICE AND TRUTH HAVE NO BORDERS!

(cut & paste, customise if you prefer; don't use the fwd button - we don't want people mistaking this for a virus).

Please use the item in italics below as a template for your publicity for the Justice & Peace Candle Light Walk in support of a Treaty & Bill of Rights.

JUSTICE & PEACE CANDLIGHT WALK: Adelaideans can show their support for a treaty with Australia's Indigenous peoples. Candles will be lit for justice and peace advocating an Indigenous treaty on Friday January 5, and every following first Friday of the month throughout 2001. Walkers can gather with candles at Government House from 7PM for an 8PM start. The walk aims to protect Ngarrindjeri culture, spiritual beliefs, lands and waters, and to stop any nuclear waste dump on traditional lands, and from affecting the environment via a Treaty & Bill of Rights.

For further information contact the organisers and register your fax number or e-mail address.

Ngarrindjeri Contacts:

Victor Wilson - Kalparrin Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Farm at Murray

Bridge - email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

{W} 85 324 940 / FAX 85 325 511 / mob. 040 718 2353;

Pastor Ken Sumner - Uniting Aboriginal and Islander Christian Congress -

{W} 8212 4066 / {H} 8396 3934;

Tom Trevorrow - Ngarrindjeri Land and Progress Association - e-mail:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

{W} 85 751 557|657 / FAX 85 751 448 / mob. 040 996 1933.

PEOPLE WALKING IN UNISON IN SUPPORT OF AN INDIGENOUS TREATY AND FOR A BILL OF RIGHTS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW IS SYMPATHETIC. ASK THEM TO JOIN IN...AND DO THE SAME.

Even if you have received this previously pass it on, this way everyone is kept informed and less will forget!!!!!

PLEASE ADD YOUR ORGANISATION'S ENDORSEMENT TO THE LIST BELOW WHEN YOU RE-SEND THIS E-MAIL:

" Dear all, ...

I think the concept of the Candlelight Walks in the evenings is just

brilliant. So yes, Candlelight Walks on the evening of Invasion/Australia Day."

In solidarity always, Maureen Riches-Brown

Defenders of Native Title - Victorian ANTaR

Ballarat Branch

JOIN IN A CANDLELIGHT WALK FOR JUSTICE AND PEACE & AN INDIGENOUS TREATY - MEET ON FIRST FRIDAY OF EACH MONTH ON GENOCIDE CORNER AT YOUR GOVERNMENT HOUSE WITH A LIGHTED CANDLE AND WALK AS ONE TO END GENOCIDE AND TO CALL FOR A TREATY VIA A BILL OF RIGHTS

Roma Mitchell Community Legal Centre Inc., delivers high quality legal and related services to the community with a focus on Human Rights by utilising Pro Bono community support

RMCLC promotes Human Rights awareness on the basis that "Access to Justice is an Essential Human Right". With voluntary input from the community we achieve a high professional standard of service delivery.  Volunteer contributions underlying this theme of "Human Rights Awareness" integrate our Pro Bono support from the community into high quality service delivery.