In a less urgent situation, I would agree with all you say, Christine, but
under the circumstances where we have a concentration camp set up and we are
illegally imprisoning innocent people under inhumane conditions, and Ruddock
is demonising his victims, I believe it behoves professionals like Dr. Jupp
to do more than preach to the converted like us and allow those people in
the community who support these policies a moral out ie ''whether he intends
it or not".

Speaking about "gloves off" , this is the time for leaders and opinion -
formers in the community who disagree with the Howard gang's policies to
become less timid in their criticisms, because if things continue down the
path we are travelling there will be more and more literal applications of
"gloves off ' in this country----lip-stitching and rioting is only the
beginning of the future Howard and his ilk have planned in order to maintain
their hold on power.

The seriousness of the situation is emphasised by the failure of the ALP to
challenge him----they are politically shit-scared---their polling tells them
that given the magnitude of racism and xenophobia in the Australian
community, Howard is on a winner and initially they will be crucified by the
electorate for opposing his racist policies.

This is the problem with career politicians in a so-called democracy---they
are poll rather than principle - driven.

As for broadening the message, a spade is a spade and to infer it may be a
lampstand to gain an audience surely defeats the purpose , which is
presumably to educate rather than further dumb-down.

As for conflict leading to wars---- we're not doing too well doing what
we're doing----maybe a few verbal or written thumps are  timely .

Maybe a hit in time will save nine----particularly when dealing with
cowardly bullys.