Peoples,

Any inputs please to Susan...

Subject: [Abtsi_hr] community health programs
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:57:48 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear List Members,
I work for the government - Health Canada -  in the First Nations and Inuit
Health Branch.  I am currently writing a paper reviewing the position of the
branch and the community health programs that are delivered to First Nations
 on reserve.  The purpose of the paper is to determine both the core and
 discretionery elements of all programs delivered and core and discretionary
 components of each program.   The paper may reveal that some programs are
 not adequate to meet the needs of First Nations or that some programs are
 not necessary.  I will review the Canada Health Act to note its
 applicability to First Nations and search for a more culturally sensitive
 framework for health within aboriginal people.

So... Does anyone have information about the government's approach to health
care and Aboriginal people in Australia.  Are there any lessons to be learned
from your approach etc.  Any information would be most appreciated.
Susan

_________________
Susan Taylor-Clapp RN MSc   (N)
Health Programs Analysis
First Nations and Inuit Health Branch
Health Canada
Phone: (613) 954-1242
Fax: (613) 941-8904
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]http://www.kultcher.com/______Jim Duffield

"A society that values planned teaching above autonomous learning
cannot but teach man to keep his engineered place."
              Ivan Illich - Limits to Medicine