Wai Hung Chan wrote:
Hi, I am interested in contributing to Open Office as a developer and
tester.
I have more than twenty years of c/c++ experience.

Welcome! You will feel at home with 20 years of experience, as the codebase actually still uses some old C++ coding paradigms...

Your first step will be to build OpenOffice from source, on your favorite operating system. Linux tends to be easiest, but as you already have familiarity with development any other platform will be OK.

You will find the generic instructions at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
and some OS-specific tips at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties; we'll be ready to help; otherwise, just ping us back when you have a build and we will have some tasks ready for you.

Please make sure you are subscribed to this list or you may miss replies. You subscribe by e-mailing recruitment-subscr...@openoffice.apache.org (and replying to the confirmation request you will receive); you will be able to unsubscribe in the same way at any time by by e-mailing recruitment-unsubscr...@openoffice.apache.org

Regards,
  Andrea.