Hi Ben,

For developing, probably best environment is to run code in eclipse. Checkout from svn, then run Standalone.java. This way, you just change your code, and reload the server. No need for ant. Takes me about 3-4 seconds, to get server up and running again after changing code. Also you get console logs, which provide instant feedback. Having to recompile and restart is not idea, but scripting is scheduled for the next phase and that should make things much easier for most users. We are also considering an incremenal compiling class loader.

- Luke

On 7/14/06, electroteque <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 14/07/2006, at 6:22 PM, Steven Gong wrote:

> On 7/14/06, electroteque <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On 14/07/2006, at 5:38 PM, electroteque wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, I was wondering how its possible to setup a server side
>> playlist in
>> > an applicatin using SimplePlayItem and have it rotate until a
>> broadcast
>> > connect becomes available ?
>> >

>> I worked out the stream name is live0, however I had to rebuild my
>> application into the main ant build of the server running ant server,
>> had no idea you had to do that for every application change ? Is there
>> no way to have these auto deployed or something ?
> Maybe via your application's configuration.

I meant the application code itself, playlist will be xml definately,
so i have to rebuld the server after each change, and running restart
in the windows service doesnt do a thing ?

When i ran the build.xml it has prepare statements to delete
directories including the bin directory which removed the startup
service file amongst other things. The logging in my app broke too no
log file is being created again when it was before :)