Hi Ryan,

I use mod_jk with tomcat and route both rtmp and rtmpt via port 8080.

Then I turn port 8080 off in my router so that all that is exposed
is port 80 whether it comes from PHP or from Tomcat via
mod_jk.

So far I have not had any problems with people behind firewalls
that filter port 8080 playing my videos or accessing the video example
I have on my website. All RED5 apps play as fine via port 80.

You can test yourself.

http://red5.fatdot.com

Runiing tha latest War Trunk .

Hope this helps.