Using the help of this mailing list I have been able to get RTMPT mostly
working.  When I browse my red5 host /open/ I get "Bad request, only RTMPT
supported."  - which is a good sign.

Now when I try and connect via my application, which is working fine over
RTMP I get a NullPointerException

[ERROR] 196175 TP-Processor2:(
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Standalone].[localhost].[/].[rtmpt].invoke
) Servlet.service() for servlet rtmpt threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.red5.server.net.rtmpt.RTMPTServlet.handleOpen(RTMPTServlet.java:260)
        at
org.red5.server.net.rtmpt.RTMPTServlet.service(RTMPTServlet.java:415)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:200)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:283)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:773)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:703)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:895)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I think it has to be some small configuration issue.  Anyone have any
insight?  I'm running 0.6.2

PUMA - Jeffrey Wilder | Senior Technical Architect | One Design Center
Place Suite 800 | Boston, MA 02210 | (617) 488-2963